- Land Size: 4179 sqm
- Tenure: Freehold
- Approx year built: 1930
- Property condition: Good
- Property Type: House
- House style: Bungalow, Character
- Garaging / carparking: Double lock-up
- Construction: Weatherboard
- Joinery: Timber, Double glazing
- Roof: Iron
- Insulation: Ceiling
- Flooring: Tiles and Carpet
- Window coverings: Drapes, Blinds
- Heating / Cooling: Woodfire (Open), Electric, Other (Heat Pump x2)
- Electrical: Satellite dish, Rewired
- Property Features: Security system, Smoke alarms
- Kitchen: Designer, Dishwasher, Separate cooktop, Separate oven, Rangehood, Extractor fan, Double sink, Waste disposal, Microwave, Pantry and Finished in Stainless steel and Timber
- Living area: Formal lounge, Formal dining, Separate dining, Separate living
- Main bedroom: Double
- Ensuite: Spa bath, Separate shower
- Bedroom 2: Double and Built-in / wardrobe
- Bedroom 3: Double and Built-in / wardrobe
- Bedroom 4: Double and Built-in / wardrobe
- Additional rooms: Rumpus, Conservatory / sunroom
- Main bathroom: Bath, Shower over bath, Separate shower, Exhaust fan, Heater
- Laundry: Separate
- Workshop: Separate
- Views: Water, Urban
- Aspect: North
- Outdoor living: Entertainment area (Uncovered and Paved), Clothes line, Pool (Inground, Chlorine and Concrete), Garden, BBQ area, Deck / patio, Verandah
- Fencing: Partial
- Land contour: Flat to sloping
- Grounds: Manicured, Landscaped / designer
- Garden: Garden shed (Number of sheds: 1)
- Water heating: Electric
- Water supply: Town supply
- Sewerage: Mains
- Locality: Close to shops, Close to schools, Close to transport
About this listing
Hidden from the hustle and bustle of day to day activity and yet almost in the very heart of central city.
It is the first time this has been on the open market since 1971.
This very special residence has been home to this family for over forty years. They have raised their family, entertained friends, and lovingly cared for the spacious landscaped grounds.
Periodically the gardens have been on display during the Powerco Taranaki Garden Spectacular, surprising visitors with its beauty and privacy.
Time has moved on and the vendors have chosen to move to a smaller place very close by.
(This says something about their desire to stay in this superb location )
When this property was built it was constructed of quality materials that has withstood the test of time.
The residence has formal and informal living areas that look out upon this peaceful haven.
This is complimented by four bedrooms, three bathrooms and large basement rumpus that will accommodate the growing family.
This is one of the largest sections still available in the inner city dress circle.
4179m2 (Just over one acre)
It is zoned residential 9B which offers huge potential to subdivide. (There are proposed subdivision plans available)
On offer is a desirable package of family space and fine detail with a twist.
Open Homes Sunday by appointment
Call us for the time to view.
Expressions of Interest